Sunday 14 March 2021

James' little project.... Battle of Gross Jagersdorf

 I'm starting to gather the resources together to attempt a slice of the battle below.

We're ok for Prussians and i have a fair number of Russian infantry (approx ten units iirc) already and some horse grenadiers and a couple of artillery, obviously this is no where near enough russians for the whole battle etc etc but this is a beginning and something i'd love to do and therefore im heading for it as fast as i can (and other projects such as vbcw/6mm ww2 allow) given my very limited budget.


I'm going to try and get 2 dragoon sqdn's 2 hussar's and 4 cossacks for the beginnings and some more artillery. (64 cavalry ...woe is me lol).


rebasing the infantry i have atm is 1st on the to do list.

2nd is painting the guns and crew of my 1st artillery unit.

all helpful comments are welcome, shooting down my enthusiasm is not...


Here's a great source of info on the batlle.  http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=1757-08-30_-_Battle_of_Gross-J%C3%A4gersdorf




No comments:

Post a Comment

 Waterloo  - But Not As we Know It!